Job DescriptionMonitoring and Evaluation Director
Democracy International, Bangladesh
Democracy International, Inc. (DI), a USA based international organization, seeks experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Director candidates for the multi-year USAID Bangladesh Obirodh “Road to Tolerance” program. The M&E Director will provide broad managerial and technical oversight to the Obirodh project’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities and data collection requirements including designing M&E plans and collecting and analyzing data. In addition, the Monitoring and Evaluation Director will be responsible for coordinating with the Director of Research to integrate monitoring and evaluation findings into the broader Obirodh learning process.
- Provide management and technical expertise for the project’s M&E processes in Bangladesh; coordinate with the DI home office to complete the project’s M&E plan, including collecting, recording, and analyzing data and maintaining M&E database;
- Support the program’s sub-grant component, including identifying local partners, designing activities, and supporting development of M&E plans;
- Help ensure the integration of USAID Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation approach and principles into current and future programming;
- Help manage the project’s overall learning agenda to derive lessons learned and best practices from project activities and contribute to quarterly program evaluations;
- As needed, represent the project at external events and effectively coordinate with local CSOs, government, and donors.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s or higher);
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience managing and supporting project monitoring and evaluation of donor supported activities, including designing M&E plans;
- Ability to understand and determine appropriate evaluation questions that can determine and measure project impact;
- Understanding of CVE and its relevant drivers and narratives; knowledge of civil society landscape in Bangladesh including CSOs, community-based organizations, traditional or religious leaders, the media, private sector, and others.
- Complete fluency in written and oral English.
Interested and qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter addressing relevant skills and qualifications (highlighted above) We will only contact those candidates who best meet our needs. No phone calls or additional emailsplease.
Deadline July 15, 2018
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
DI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the OrganizationDemocracy International, Inc. (DI) works on democracy and governance (DG) programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other development partners. DI provides analytical services, offers technical assistance, and implements projects across the full range of DG programming, including:
Election Management and Administration
International and Domestic Election Monitoring
Political Party Development
Local Government and Decentralization
Legislative and Institutional Strengthening
Civil Society Development and Advocacy
Voter and Civic Education
Rule of Law
The firm has extensive experience with analytical services, including assessments, evaluations, project designs, democracy assistance studies, survey research, and strategic communications. DI is based in the United States and is an SBA-registered small business.
Over the past decade, Democracy International has worked in more than 40 countries and in all regions of the world. Since 1985, DI’s principals have advised and worked with election management bodies, civil society and election-monitoring organizations, political parties, legislatures, government agencies, and others in more than 70 countries.
Democracy International has worked extensively with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) as well as with other donor agencies, intergovernmental organizations, international NGOs, and consulting firms. The firm is a prime holder of USAID indefinite quantity contracts for Democracy and Governance Analytical Services (DGAS) and Elections and Political Processes (EPP). DI also holds the GSA schedule for Mission Oriented Business Integrated Service (MOBIS). In addition, DI is a subcontractor on USAID IQCs for Building Reform through Democratic Governance (BRDG) and Instability, Crisis and Recovery Programs (ICRP) as well as on USAID/Egypt’s Regional Democracy Initiative (REDI).