Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall management of the evaluation team and the final products.
- Responsible for coordinating evaluation activities and ensuring the production and completion of an evaluation report in conformance with this scope of work and timelines.
- Responsible for quality assurance and timely submission of all deliverables, including a high quality analysis and a final evaluation report.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance related to M&E and its function related to food security.
- Review and analyze programs and activities and recommend methodologies for evaluations and the delivery of evaluation products.
- Participate in progress reports, draft and final assessment/completion reports.
- The M&E Specialist will be responsible for supporting all activities related to evaluation services and for ensuring production and completion of quality reports.
- S/He must have expertise on monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of the following technical areas: Food Security, Feeding Programs, or Livelihoods and Resilience.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the WFP team and other stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical food security expertise or experience managing food security activities, preferably in Ethiopia.
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaborating with intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, and various stakeholders.
- Extensive working knowledge of food distributions in the developing world and how that pertains to food security.
- Excellent organization and writing skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver a quality written product;
- General understanding of the challenges presented in the developing world related to WFP feeding programs.
- Technical experience related to nutrition, emergency preparedness, and resilience; and
- Fluency in Amharic is preferred.
- Ten years of experience conducting program evaluations for international development projects, preferably WFP-funded required.
- Eight years of experience working on food security issues required.
- Experience applying social science evaluation methods, especially performance evaluations, qualitative data collection methods, and other relevant data collection/analysis techniques in a development context required.
- Familiarity with WFP’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to monitoring and evaluations required.
- Excellent oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English is required.
Education: Post graduate degree in Monitoring and Assessment, International Development, Nutrition, or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has implemented over 200 projects and has worked in over 100 countries, including conflict and post-conflict zones. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, economic growth, and democracy & governance.