EnCompass LLC seeks Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) support activity in Honduras. It is anticipated that this activity will provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services in alignment with the USAID ADS 201, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR).
This individual will work in collaboration with other senior staff to ensure that the monitoring, evaluation and learning related needs of USAID/Honduras are met including planning and budgeting for each assigned activity. The position will be full-time and be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras with travel throughout the country. Honduran nationals are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will support the Activity, leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring, evaluations assessments and special studies.
Essential functions include:
• Oversee the design and ensure completion and quality of performance and impact evaluations, assessments, and special studies in areas such as governance, citizen security, migration, economic growth, livelihoods, education and gender and youth
• Contribute substantially to the design and potentially field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks
• Lead/oversee the review of the USAID Performance Management Plan (PMP) and provide technical support for implementing partners on the development of their activity MEL plans, and support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing reporting tools and advising USAID/Honduras technical teams on their M&E work
• Oversee the technical design of the monitoring of activities and processes
• Support the selection and engagement of local partners and experts for M&E activities, and support team development, training, and execution of activities
• Oversee and ensure the quality of monitoring and evaluation reports or other similar deliverables
• Participates in disseminating evaluation findings, ensuring best practice for data visualization
• Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle
• Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
• Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of the journey to self-reliance
• Other duties as assigned
• An advanced degree in social science, economics, development studies or related field or sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Honduras activities
• At least 10 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation in developing countries, preferably including experience in a Latin American country.
• A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision‐making, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to: quickly and effectively assemble and manage a highly‐skilled, interdisciplinary team; interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non‐ governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring, evaluation and learning programs
• Experience conducting performance and impact evaluations of development interventions.
• Former supervisory experience is required
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written Spanish and English skills
• Honduran nationals are encouraged to apply.
Experience and Skills
• Strong experience with performance monitoring and evaluation standards and practices required
• Experience building monitoring, evaluation, and learning capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
• Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including host country governments at different levels; experience mentoring staff and working with international and national consultants and staff
• Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills required
• Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
• Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices, M&E design and principles
• Familiarity with USAID/Honduras and the Northern Triangle context is preferred
• Ability to travel within Honduras, as necessary
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.