Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Consultants
KANAVA International, LLC is recruiting short-term, M&E consultants for potential assignments in support of KANAVA International’s work on USAID-funded projects.
Consultants will work to develop and support KANAVA’s M&E activities. Specific tasks may include:
- Design and implement performance and impact evaluations, cross‐sector evaluations, whole‐of‐project evaluations, including data collection methods and protocols;
- Design, develop, and complete needs assessments, analytical reports and rapid appraisals, and surveys;
- Develop and complete data quality assessments, and data quality verification techniques.
- Strong English language skills (native or professional levels in speaking, reading, and writing), fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic a plus;
- Advanced degree preferred international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or relevant field;
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, management information systems for M&E, data quality assessments, data analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing and field testing large-scale surveys and other data collection instruments;
- Experience applying Big Data Analytics to integrated platforms that cross related USAID programs within a country, particularly, demonstrated experience analyzing accomplishments and shortfalls and differentiating these between design and implementation;
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management;
- Demonstrated abilities in program/project results monitoring and reporting, including the use of knowledge management tools to collect performance indicator information;
- Strong writing and communications skills.
KANAVA spurs economic development by helping build sustainable organizations, focusing on strengthening their management capacity to better support their technical work. As a women-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small business, KANAVA brings half a century of experience in military operations, diplomacy, and international development. We currently work on projects in Africa, Asia, and the U.S.
Please send CV and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: M&E ST Recruit. Candidates will be selected on an on-going basis; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
About the Organization
Born five years ago, KANAVA International has taken its people-centered brand of “capacity-building” -- development speak for improving the performance of individuals and organizations -- to countries as far afield as Ghana, Afghanistan, and Cambodia. Today, KANAVA is one of only a few women-owned small businesses with a successful international development portfolio, and the firm has done something even more unique with that track record, using their resources to help spur economic development in local communities in the United States.