The M&E Specialist position is designed for a well-organized, highly motivated individual to support and work under two projects that Integra has been awarded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID): Learning, Evaluation and Analysis Project (LEAP III) and Asia Emerging Opportunities (AEO) project.
USAID’s LEAP III and the AEO Project were both awarded to Integra by USAID in May and August of 2018, respectively. LEAP III is a 5-year, $19.6 million project that supports USAID Missions around the world by providing various economic analyses, monitoring and evaluation, and project-design support services. Since May 2018, we have already implemented activities in Azerbaijan, Mali, Vietnam and Zambia. AEO, while similar in structure, is smaller and focused on supporting Missions in Asia. We started implementing AEO activities at the end of September 2018 at the request of USAID Missions.
While LEAP III and AEO are the main intended projects this individual will support, there are opportunities to work across other projects at Integra.
The M&E Specialist will play an integral role in ensuring the successful implementation of Integra projects including high quality monitoring, reporting, and evaluation. S/he will be responsible for supporting the planning, designing, and implementation of M&E activities across Integra projects. Additionally, the M&E Specialist will set specific program M&E targets and indicators; track activity achievements; record challenges encountered and mitigation pathways to ensure the quality and effectiveness of project implementation.
As required by activities under LEAP III and AEO (or other Integra projects).
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Serve on evaluation assignments as the team leader and/or technical expert. These may be U.S. domestic or international assignments.
- Design, supervise, conduct, and provide technical support to program evaluations and assessments
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to measure the performance, impact, and sustainability of existing projects.
- Create effective M&E information systems to support monitoring activities.
- Develop and implement a results-based M&E framework and methodology for specific projects under Integra.
- Oversee M&E activities and present updates on the progress of LEAP III and AEO goals/objectives.
- Provide guidance and oversight to team leaders, evaluation teams, and other staff members on the following: client relations, budgeting and expenses, evaluation activities, and on-the-ground logistics.
- Write exhaustive and thorough reports in accordance with the evaluation policies and standards of USAID and Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
- Provide guidance and oversight over all verification efforts in the field, as well as an analysis of the findings—ensuring that the findings were made in an ethical, professional, and timely manner.
- Ensure a high-quality, professional, and timely completion of project goals and objectives.
- Provide assistance, direction, and vision for all assigned projects, including serving as the technical lead/liaison to clients and partners for specific projects.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate the business’s mission, services, capabilities, and experience to company and client standards.
- Occasionally represent the business in meetings with senior mission officials (i.e. Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chef of Party (DCOP), etc.) and government officials.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience in the development of M&E systems and/or performance-based management of international projects.
- At least five (5) years of providing evaluation services and executing M&E activities—which includes conducting evaluations for USAID, and/or MCC.
- Experience providing technical leadership or support to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments; field-based, hands-on, and long-term M&E implementation experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational, writing, research, quantitative, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, timeliness, and work ethic.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, foreign language skills a plus.
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the year.
- US citizenship or work permit required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “M&E Expert, LEAP III/AEO” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Integra is an innovative international development firm established in 2010 to bring creative solutions to 21st century challenges. Headquartered in Washington, DC we use academically grounded analytical tools and private sector partnerships to address key development challenges in the areas of economic growth, agriculture and food security, gender and women’s empowerment, climate and environment, and information and communication technology. Our work has resulted in effective project implementation and policy reforms in over 30 countries and has leveraged over one billion dollars in public and private sector funding.