Creative Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for an upcoming donor-funded project in Yemen. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (CoP), the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager is responsible for helping to inform program strategy through atmospheric reporting and monitoring and evaluating an anticipated program to provide accountability and ensure efficiency and success throughout the project. S/he will be responsible for establishing, modifying and monitoring key performance indicators to report and record progress for specific activities in relation to the overall Project Results Management Plan. S/he also oversees regular project progress reports and will collaborate with field officers to prepare reports.
Reporting & Supervision:
The M&E Manager will serve as the point of contact for regular client reporting and work closely with the CoP and Program team.
- Develop an M&E system for the project.
- Draft periodic reports to the client.
- Achieve M&E deliverables.
Monitoring and Reporting;
- Oversee the development of all monitoring and evaluation deliverables;
- Manage all aspects of M&E data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by project team members and project counterparts;
- Develop, track and update an M&E Plan to monitor the achievement of indicator targets and examine project progress towards desired outcomes and impact;
- Contribute to writing technical reports to the client and serve as point of contact on all client M&E requests;
- Spearhead the writing of the quarterly report to the client;
- Manage all inputs and changes to the M&E Plan including setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives;
- Establish/refine monitoring systems and tools to measure project progress;
- Develop/refine methodology for field data collection, surveys and survey instruments;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of evaluation initiatives; and
- Utilize critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
Data Collection and Evaluation
- Coordinate evaluations with partners and vendors, as provided in project documents and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis;
- Manage and coordinate with field officers to collect information from field based interviews, assessments and/or focus groups with beneficiaries; and
- Ensure quality of data collected through periodic verification procedures including routine data quality audits.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Eight years of demonstrated experience in international development programming and knowledge of conflict areas in the Middle East;
- At least five years of experience with program management, with three years of reporting, research, M&E and management of staff;
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access, Excel;
- Ability to analyze political work, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, and the ability to think innovatively; and
- Written and spoken Arabic and English required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; and
- Previous experience working with assessments, local councils and civil society preferred.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
This is an unaccompanied post.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.