Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium seeks a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager for the ACHIEVE Dominican Republic OVC program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners. The OVC program in the Dominican Republic will provide targeted support to individuals of Haitian descent and their families (designated as Target Population Individuals [TPI]) to address barriers to care and facilitate access to key complementary services and will build the capacity of local implementing partners to design, implement and track services received in accordance with PEPFAR requirements.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Project Director, the M&E Manager will be responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for monitoring and evaluation and support coordination with the national management information system. The M&E Manager plays a pivotal role in supporting Palladium and its partners to demonstrate project progress and impact and to use data collected to make informed and timely decisions related to project implementation.
Full-time position, currently with an expected project end date of September 30, 2020.
- Design and implement the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan;
- Establish robust data collection, management, and reporting systems;
- Ensure project progress against targets is regularly tracked and evaluate project success in achieving objectives and goals;
- Regularly report results and data to USAID and PEPFAR through narrative reports and DATIM;
- Ensure data quality through data quality assessments, data cleaning, verification, and validation
- Oversee all data collection efforts, including evaluation, surveys, assessments, and qualitative studies;
- Lead Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) activities including any learning studies and ensure the project uses data for decision-making;
- Plan and coordinate regular field monitoring visits;
- Lead M&E capacity development for local partner organizations, supporting them to develop robust M&E systems to track indicators and results to share with the Project and the donor;
- Providing training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required;
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by USAID;
- Demonstrated experience collecting, tracking, and reporting on PEFPER MER indicators; experience entering data into PEPFAR’s DATIM system;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Dominican Republic’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills;
- Experience using data management systems, including data entry, extraction, and analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analysis utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare expert quality data visualizations;
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Expertise in and sensitivity to the socio-political barriers facing intended beneficiaries for this program, individuals of Haitian descent residing in the Dominican Republic (TPI);
- Familiarity with DHIS2;
- Working proficiency in English and Creole;
- Local candidates preferred.
This role is suited for candidates based in the Dominican Republic and will not include mobilization/relocation assistance. Applicants must have eligibility to work and live in the Dominican Republic.
Interested? Please submit your CV through the Palladium International Careers Page (http://www.palladium.com/jobs).
Applications close on September 24th, 2019.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.