The Project Manager role will be fully dedicated to Aktis’ project for a group of donors funding reconstruction projects inside Syria that focus on restoration and maintenance of essential public services and infrastructure. This project is remotely managed from Amman, Jordan.
- Develops data collection tools.
- Trains field monitors how to administer data collection tools.
- Processes raw data into technical reporting inputs and delivers to the M&E Manager.
- Develops maps for client deliverables.
- Liaises with Field Operations Manager during the visits planning process to ensure the project visits are accurate and timely.
- Liaises with the Field Validator to validate data.
- Providing ad hoc research support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, master’s degree would be an asset;
- 3 -4 years’ experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded development projects;
- Demonstrated experience processing and presenting data, especially financial data;
- Skilled and experienced in managing and processing a large set of financial data.
- Skilled and experienced in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Familiarity of the conflict in Syria;
- Ability to travel in the Middle East Region (excluding Syria) up to 75% of the time, especially in the first three months upon hiring;
- Fluent Arabic and English;
- The candidate must have the right to work in Jordan.
- Willing to travel regularly and have high levels of flexibility with working times.
About the Organization
Aktis Strategy is an organisation led by some of the world’s foremost consultant practitioners in problem-solving for fragile and conflict-affected countries. With knowledge and expertise across the spectrum of security sector reform, governance, justice/rule of law, conflict management and countering extremism, Aktis specialises in devising, managing and evaluating complex programmes to address challenging political and institutional problems. Recent field operations have been conducted in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and Tunisia. More information is available at the Aktis website, www.aktisstrategy.com.