The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’ health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
Under the leadership of the Country Director, the M&E Officer will develop and implement the monitoring and
evaluation framework ensuring high quality and timely inputs. He/she will also ensure that CMMB programme and projects maintain its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of intended results through designing, planning, managing and analyzing projects to ensure cost effective and timely delivery.
- Review M&E systems for the Country Office programs
- Develop M&E plans for the various projects implemented by the CO
- Conduct data quality and quality assurance for the projects
- Develop and adapt field monitoring tool programs
- Plan and conduct program review meetings; monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Review reports against agreed upon indicators and link them to standard global indicator for health
- With good understanding of project cycle management (PMC) embed M&E activities into the PMC activities
- Support fundraising by providing data as well as crafting problem statements during proposal writing
Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social sciences or related field.
- You have a postgraduate course/certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/ Government.
- You have experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- You have proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
- You have expertise in analysing data using statistical software;
- You have experience in project management life cycle including proposal writing.
- You have strong training and facilitation skills.
- You have demonstrable leadership and managerial skills including ability to be a team player.
- You can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to email@example.com indicating position applied for on the subject line by 20th March 2019. Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cmmb.org.
About the Organization
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to provide medical and business expertise for community development, and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and in other areas of need.