Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA)
The purpose of Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA) is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
Under the direction of the Chief of Party and the Evaluation and Monitoring Team Leads, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide research, analysis and data management support. Note that this is a full-time position based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Data cleaning and data analysis, using excel, access and other database software platforms
- Undertake literature reviews, data base searches, document reviews, and other research tasks
- Programmatic cataloguing of activity
- Assist in creating team lead research packages
- Perform Quantitative and Qualitative analysis
- Data base management and record keeping
- Support the assignment managers as needed
- Other relevant tasks as designated by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- A minimum two years of experience with evaluations, auditing, or financial management
- Background and understanding of evaluations
- Strong competency with Excel, Access, and other databases
- Capacity to learn new data analysis software such as MAXQDA and STATA
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari, and Pashto languages required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.