- Opportunity to contribute to the education sector in Vanuatu
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Duration: Full time contract until December 2021
On behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Coffey is managing the delivery of support and technical assistance to the Vanuatu Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) as part of the Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP II). We support the MoET in implementing its reform program that is focused on children across Vanuatu having better access to an inclusive, quality basic education, as well as supporting the management and allocation of education resources through evidence-based decision making.
VESP II commenced in February 2019 and builds on the Ministry’s reforms to date and supports teachers and students from kindy up to Year 6. Coffey through VESPII is now seeking applications for the position of M&E Officer to join this program.
The VESP II Monitoring & Evaluation Officer reports to the Team Leader and receives guidance from the international M&E Advisers. This includes the collection, management and analysis of data and information and drafting reports. The position will work closely with the Policy and Planning Unit Directorate within the Ministry who are responsible for drafting Education system performance reports and producing the Education sector Statistical Digest.
The Officer will support the implementation of VESPII plans, other key responsibilities will include:
- Assume responsibility for the development and completion of the VESP bi-monthly report.
- Support the international M&E adviser with the preparation and completion of the VESP six-monthly report.
- Maintain and update the VESP data management system and generate regular reports to inform VESP and MoET.
- Work with the MoET ICT team to load monitoring information into the Open Vanuatu Education Management Information System (OVEMIS)
- Work with Activity Managers to develop and monitor respective monthly activity schedules. Generate a summary report each month.
- Work with PPU to acquire, clean and enter VESP M&E data and generate reports or presentations of data (e.g. Steering Committee)
- Work with IT Unit and VESP and MoET stakeholders to have monitoring and evaluation data structured and the data in a form that is easily loadable and managed on OVEMIS.
- Promote the use of OVEMIS and provide users training for its effective use. .
- Support the VESP Communications Unit as required in the preparation and presentation of information, data and associated infographics.
We are seeking energetic and proactive people. In order to be successful in this opportunity you will have the following attributes;
- applicants with a relevant undergraduate degree,
- experience in collecting and managing data and information and preparing reports,
- high level of digital literacy,
- ability to work with a range of diverse stakeholders,
- a high level of oral and written skills in Bislama and English,
- an effective communicator with excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan and undertake M&E activities in a cooperative manner as part of a large team.
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Vanuatu.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 498554. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on Coffey Careers.
For any enquiries, please contact IDEV.HRServices@coffey.com and quote the reference number 498554.
Applications close 5.00pm (Port Vila time) 2nd November 2020
This program is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
About the Organization
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.