Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, USAID/OTI Macedonia, Skopje, Macedonia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
MSI is seeking a monitoring and evaluation officer (MEO) for an anticipated USAID/OTI-funded, small grants focused project in Macedonia. The MEO will provide overall technical support, advice and oversight on program-level monitoring and evaluation. S/he will help develop and implement a consistent M&E strategy and framework across all program activities focused on capturing perceptions, outcomes, impacts and learning. The MEO will train staff and, where necessary, external partners on key M&E concepts, tools and processes.
**This position is open only to Macedonian citizens.**
- Provide overall support, advice, and oversight on program-level monitoring and evaluation.
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level monitoring and evaluation efforts, ensuring quality and consistency across offices.
- With support from USAID/OTI and deputy chief of party (DCOP), contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of an M&E system that adheres to USAID/OTI guidance and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting.
- Offer technical assistance in the development, selection, and application of M&E processes and tools.
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level M&E efforts, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Oversee and advise colleagues on information management processes by reviewing data collection efforts, overall data reliability, consistency, and quality.
- Lead and manage program-level evaluation efforts, including the development of studies that examine higher level outcomes and the utilization of external M&E resources.
- Provide input and advice on procurement of M&E third-party services if needed.
- Help identify, analyze, and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle.
- Train other staff, and local partners where required, on key M&E concepts, tools, and processes.
- Undertake, as required and when possible, visits to project locations to collect data and/or oversee data collection efforts.
- University degree in social sciences and/or community development or, alternatively, combination of related education and professional experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional work experience.
- Professional work experience in evaluating programs, social projects, and/or public policies.
- Professional work experience in research with qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies, including developing research reports.
- Prior professional work experience with NGOs, international contractors, multilateral institutions and/or international cooperation agencies.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and evaluating impact-oriented projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level with Excel) and ability to use the internet.
- Rigorous time management and activity organization.
- Able to maintain information confidential and work with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
- English fluency is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.