The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
The QED Group is preparing a proposal to USAID for an upcoming opportunity to assist the USAID/Colombia Mission with monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. The primary objectives of the five-year MEL Activity are to provide the USAID/Colombia Mission with technical and advisory services for evaluation activities; design and implement quantitative and qualitative evaluation studies and assessments; and provide evaluation technical assistance for program development.
This mechanism will provide the Mission with a set of performance and impact evaluations for varied activities which contribute to the CDCS, thematic regional assessments and studies, and learning activities that have supported Mission programming. This position will be full time and based in Colombia.
Position contingent upon contract award.
- S/he will work with USAID staff to identify Mission needs and expectations.
- Responsible for leading the design and implementation of M&E activities.
- Ensures that all products and services meet USAID and QED quality expectations.
- Manages all M&E Specialists and technical sub-contractors working for the project to guarantee timely delivery of products and services.
How to Apply
- A Master’s Degree in social sciences, statistics, or related fields;
- At least ten years of progressive experience in designing, implementing, managing, and analyzing the results of both performance and impact evaluations of development projects. At least three of these years should be in Latin America;
- Field experience that includes at least some but not necessarily all of the following:
- Survey research experience, including development of structured and semi-structured interview; sample size determination for specific confidence levels and confidence intervals; selection and use of other survey data (and other large data set) entry and analysis software (SPSS or alternative)
- Structured or semi-structured group interviews and/or focus groups, including the creation of written instruments and transcripts for same; content analysis and other techniques for coding and transforming group/open-ended data into analyzed information; qualitative data analysis software (NVIVO or alternative) and/or case study documentation experience; transformation of qualitative data into a quantitative form that can be merged with other quantitative data in a mixed methods analysis.
- Applied experience with non-experimental theory testing techniques for examining program/project effects (baseline reconstruction, outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, general elimination method (modus operandi), contribution analysis, lagged regressions and/or others).
- At least five years of experience implementing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis for evaluations and assessments, including experience with sampling methods, database management and statistical analysis;
- At least five years of experience leading evaluation teams, or research teams;
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.
About the OrganizationThe QED Group, LLC is a full-service consulting firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We strive to use rigorous and proven methods to provide solutions to problems facing businesses and government. We are client-oriented and aim to provide total client satisfaction on every project.
QED is on the General Services Administration's (GSA) Management, Organizational, and Business Improvement Services (MOBIS), Authorized Federal Supply Service Schedule Price List. This procurement vehicle allows QED to provide the highest caliber services, while making it easier for interested U.S. Government Agencies to make procurement decisions. Our GSA Contract Number is GS-10F-0405M and our Federal Supply Group is 874, Class R499. We offer the following services under GSA/MOBIS: Special Item Number 874-1: Consulting Services, Special Item Number 874-2: Facilitation Services, Special Item Number 874-3: Survey Services, and Special Item Number-4: Training Services. We are set up to accept credit card payments.
To provide excellence in our work and to encourage professionalism with passion.
To develop innovative and effective solutions that foster efficiency.
To provide solutions that encourage knowledge sharing and build partnerships across the public and private sectors.
To provide a work environment that attracts, excites, and nurtures a diverse and committed staff with exceptional skills that knows how to listen and learn.
Client-centered, partnership-building, team-oriented, accountability for quality results, dedication to financial integrity and cost effectiveness, inspired and innovative, empowerment of others and respect for diversity, personal honesty, and promotion of a lifework balance.