Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to provide support services for the Department of State Bureau of African Affairs, Office of Security Affairs (AF/SA). The work location for this position will be in Washington, DC. This is a full-time position. The start date for this position is September 2018.
- Participate in assessments, performance monitoring, and evaluations;
- Participate in the development and completion of deliverables such as quarterly reports, trip reports, field assessment reports, program reviews, and program evaluations;
- Monitor how efficiently the Department of State is utilizing appropriated funds in support of program managers;
- Provide support to taskers relating to financial performance monitoring data;
- Monitor performance of program activities such as military training, the delivery of equipment, and/or advisory support;
- Conduct calls and coordinate with program implementers to collect After Action Reports (AARs) and data in support of performance monitoring;
- Participate in field visits to monitor implementer progress for ongoing programs;
- Participate in field visits after programs have ended to conduct post-project site visits;
- Complete annual program reviews/evaluations;
- Document lessons learned to improve programming.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience directly related to:
- Designing and conducting large-scale program evaluations on security-related programs, preferably foreign or security assistance initiatives.
- Designing and implementing performance evaluation methodologies, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Coordinating and collaborating with multiple stakeholders and delivering comprehensive, large-scale monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Preparing and submitting M&E evaluation reports and other M&E documentation.
- Active Secret Security clearance (or active within the last two years)
- A Bachelor’s in International Affairs, History Security Studies, Political Science, or regional studies;
- A Master’s in International Affairs, Security Studies, Political Science, or regional studies;
- Experience working on Africa issues and/or regional background in Africa;
- Familiarity with security assistance programs;
- Team player and team-oriented attitude;
- Strong client engagement skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.