Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to be part of our M&E team supporting the Office of Security Assistance at the Bureau of Political Military Affairs (PM/SA) at the Department of State. This task order evaluates Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and Peace Keeping Operations (PKO). The work location for this position will be in Washington, DC with possible field travel to targeted FMF and IMET recipient countries. This is a full-time position and the start date is immediate.
- Monitor and evaluate FMF and IMET funded programs on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor and evaluate PKO funded programs on an ongoing basis
- Research and analyze program data to identify program
- Develop country reports, annual assessment, and deep dive
- Coordinate and collaborate with the appropriate
- Manage all performance monitoring-related tasks for FMF and IMET, including supervision of data collection, hands-on generation of new project data, and participation in evaluations and assessments.
- Contribute substantively to the design of and conduct field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other analytical
- Other TBD activities as assigned by the MEL Deputy Director
- A Master’s degree from an accredited
- 8 years’ experience in security assistance
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills to include technical writing and editing, oral communication, interpersonal and organization
- Experience related to: developing data collection plans to guide research, preparing written analytical reports, coordinating and collaborating with multiple entitie
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures to increase team effectiveness
- Ability to multi-task, respond to quick turn-around requests, and prioritize tasks
- Flexible and readily adaptable to change; including changes in processes, requirements, and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Active Secret Security
- Commitment to the Dexis core values including achieving results, business alignment and personal effectiveness
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Positive attitude and ability to work with others
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- 10 years’ experience in security assistance
- Experience in the military or supporting military security cooperation/ security assistance programs and/or experience working with foreign militaries
- Creative problem solver with a strong statistical background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with Tableau a plus
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and dynamic team player
About the Organization
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.