Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a mid-level Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist / Data Analyst with M&E and data management expertise to support an ongoing contract within the Department of State’s Bureau for Europe and Eurasian Affairs, Office of the Coordinator of U.S. Assistance to Europe, Eurasia, and Central Asia (EUR/ACE). The Program M&E Data Analyst will be part of the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit in EUR/ACE’s Policy, Planning, and Performance (P3) section. Dexis’ EUR/ACE contract provides technical assistance in M&E services, focusing on the following activities: assessing gaps between the requirements of Foreign Affairs Manual #18, section 300 (18 FAM 300) and the systems and practices of ACE and its partners; supporting capacity building activities, including developing and delivering virtual and in-person trainings and providing mentoring to ACE and partner organizations’ staff; and providing technical support for ACE evaluation planning and management. The Program M&E Data Analyst will work under the supervision of the Senior Program M&E Specialist/Team Lead to support technical tasks across the spectrum of M&E, as requested.
- Provide technical expertise to support EUR/ACE M&E tasks including qualitative performance data collection and analysis and drafting of reports and other dissemination products.
- Manage ACE M&E database, including tracking data entry by partners, conducting data quality checks, and generating reports on data trends with graphics.
- Research third party data on ACE’s country transition metrics, which are mostly open-source indexes and their rated components, and develop data visualization graphics on trends in country progress and multi-country-country comparisons.
- Conduct initial reviews of Annual Budget Reviews (ABRs) submissions by partners and other performance reporting documents from partners, flagging those with significant weaknesses and/or complexities of the projects involved, require additional review and follow-up; clear ABR summaries of conclusions for P3; participate in ABR sessions or other meetings on M&E and document relevant M&E information in such sessions, at the direction of the P3 Director and/or Senior Program M&E Specialist.
- Assist P3 in assembling evaluation contract procurement documentation, including drafting parts of statements of work at the direction of the P3 Director or his/her designee.
- Coordinate ACE input into annual reporting on EUR JRS indicators assigned to ACE.
- Draft M&E reports, policies, and procedures documents under the direction of the P3 Director and/or the Senior Program M&E Specialist, including updates to existing documents, and/or manage their clearance process, and assist in quality control review of these documents.
- Assist in providing training to partners on M&E, including logistics support and identifying examples of good outcome indicators in the ACE Partner Performance Trackers, and delivery of training under the direction of the P3 director and/or Senior Program M&E Specialist.
- Participate in Department meetings on M&E, including the evaluation community of practice and M&E events held by the Officer of the Director of Foreign Assistance and the Budget and Planning Bureau.
- Monitor partners’ progress against M&E follow-up actions and resubmissions listed in ABRs’ Summaries of Conclusions (SOCs), alerting the P3 Director and Senior Program M&E Specialist to pending milestones and maintaining contact with such partners in regard to the fulfillments of the actions.
- Some international travel may be required (~10%).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree plus 5-8 years of relevant work experience in implementing enterprise-wide program monitoring systems covering the projects and programs of multiple development entities, with an emphasis on monitoring effectiveness outcome indicators for senior decision-makers.
- Demonstrated experience managing M&E databases and creating data visualizations in software such as Tableau.
- Excellent skills in Excel spreadsheet development and maintenance.
- Experience researching open source indexes on country progress in democracy, governance and economic conditions, and producing analyses and graphics to help decision makers incorporate them into their decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, generally and on technical subjects.
- Familiarity with M&E policies of the Department of State and USAID.
- Must currently hold a SECRET-level clearance or above.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipate work requirements with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a geographically and culturally diverse range of stakeholders.
- Prior experience in ACE-assisted countries (Balkans, Eurasia, and Central Asia Republics) desirable.
- Experience supporting M&E contracts for Department of State and/or USAID missions with an implementing partner.
- Proficiency in R, STATA, Python, and/or R Console.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.