Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to join its Honduras-based team working on the Monitoring & Evaluation Support for Collaborative Learning & Adapting (MESCLA) contract. The work of the M&E Specialist will concentrate primarily on DO1 of USAID/Honduras CDCS, “increase citizen security of vulnerable populations in urban, high-crime areas”. Working closely with MESCLA’s technical and management personnel, the M&E Specialist will provide M&E technical support to the Mission and Implementing Partners (IPs) as well as managerial oversight of evaluations and studies that will be designed and implemented under DO1. This is a long-term, full-time position located in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. The start date for this position is estimated April 2019.
- Oversee the design and implementation of evaluations, studies and assessments (mostly under DO1) ensuring they are implemented to USAID ADS standards.
Tasks might include:
- development of technical designs, preparation of scopes of work and selection of consultants and subcontractors;
- provision of technical direction and overall guidance to the evaluation, study and assessment teams;
- supervision of field data collection as necessary, spot checks of data collection and database of subcontractors/consultants,
- Review of deliverables produced by consultants and subcontractors; review of Topline Presentations and draft reports; review of raw databases for submission to DDL as needed.
- Oversee and participate in the design of instruments, protocols, and data collection efforts as required.
- Review databases using quantitative software such as STATA, SPSS
- Propose methods of analysis of data to respond to learning questions in evaluation design
- Contribute substantively to the design and field-testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Review of training materials related to data collection for surveys/questionnaires and focus group discussions and support the training of data collectors to ensure the right application of technical norms, ethics and Dexis policies such as the related to security and sexual harassment
- Review draft Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Plans of DO1 activities to ensure the quality of indicators and construction according to ADS.
- Facilitate work sessions with USAID or Implementing Partners to support project and activity design and planning, provide applied training and mentoring to USAID staff in select M&E topics
- Participate in the quarterly ME&L Community of Practice of USAID and IP MEL Specialists
- Ensure alignment with Mission PMP, CDCS and inclusion of cross-cutting priorities such as gender equity.
- Follow up timelines of subcontractors to meet datelines for deliverables
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, social science, statistics, evaluation or a related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in international development assistance programs, preferably with USAID, and at least five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Good knowledge of USAID ADS and policies is desirable
- Demonstrated expertise in evaluation methods pertaining to citizen security and violence prevention for vulnerable populations in urban, high-crime area.
- Hands-on experience supervising and leading interdisciplinary evaluation teams.
- Strong background in field research; experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis; experience conducting and supervising research studies
- Strong skills in designing and implementing mid-term and final evaluations.
- Solid skills in research design, methods, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, synthesis, reporting and presentation, including significant experience in indicator development, data collection and quantitative analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting
- Basic level of Statistics and Geographic Information System (GIS) is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Fluency speaking, reading, and writing in either English or Spanish is required as well as a solid professional working knowledge of the other language
- Previous experience in Honduras or other Central American countries is desirable.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.