Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking experienced Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialists to provide support services for the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement/Western Hemisphere Project (INL/WHP). The work location for these positions would be in capital cities throughout the Latin America and Caribbean region.
The M&E Specialist will cover a unique portfolio linked to their country of hire and will focus on programs in their assigned country/countries. The Specialist will work with a team of DC-based M&E Specialists, as well as program managers, implementers and all other relevant partners in country to determine the most effective and efficient data collection methodology for selected indicators and will collect all data that originates from entities in their assigned country/countries. Data collection efforts may include (but are not limited to):
- submitting data requests to host governments,
- partnering with NGOs or other government partners,
- researching open source data, working with private entities, or
- designing and implementing surveys, interviews, or producing statistical outputs for analysis and reporting.
The M&E Specialist will become a subject matter expert in all INL/WHP programs in their assigned country/countries and coordinate with the D.C.-based team to ensure that performance measures being developed are as standardized as possible across the Region. They will draft Performance Measure Definition Forms for selected indicators and work with their D.C.-based counterparts, implementers, and Post to determine how data will be collected, displayed, and reported. The M&E Specialist will design measures and collect the data for smaller and more local projects, which will be done in coordination with the D.C.-based team. They will respond to data calls and produce written and oral reports and presentations on performance measures when requested.
The M&E Specialist will brief decision-makers when requested and will ensure continuity of operations by guaranteeing the transfer of all data, standard operating procedures, and knowledge are transferred to the appropriate INL/WHP staff upon completion of the project. The M&E Specialist will collect all performance measure data in compliance with the INL/WHP reporting cycle. This position will ensure all data, knowledge, documents, and systems are properly turned over to their INL/WHP-Post counterparts, and that those counterparts are adequately trained on all indicators, data collection methods, and sources to ensure that counterparts are able to continue collection and reporting.
This will be a full-time position for one year with the possibility of one option year. This position is open to U.S. citizens or foreign nationals.
- At least two (2) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, foreign assistance, and/or performance management
- At least two (2) years of experience with data collection and management
- Ability to obtain MRPT Security Clearance (if US Citizen)
- Ability to obtain successful RSO security check (if non-US Citizen )
- FSI Level 4/4 English (and Spanish or other local language in country) or equivalent
- Proven ability to deliver a quality written product and presentations in English
- Be based in a country in the Latin America and Caribbean region and able to attend meetings at the U.S. Embassy and other INL/WHP partners in country
- High level of knowledge of local laws, customs, current events, and governmental institutions
- Experience in a customer-facing position, with the ability to interact with government officials
- Ability to travel to D.C. and within the Latin America and Caribbean region
- Ability and experience presenting results in presentations and written reports
- A moderate level of experience and competency with data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as SPSS
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Master’s Degree or 2 years of post-graduate education
- Experience with technical writing or report production
- Knowledge or experience with international narcotics and law enforcement-related programs
- Experience supporting the Government Accountability Office, Office of Inspector
- General, U.S. Department of State, Department of Justice, USAID or other similar government partners.
- Experience with Tableau or other similar business intelligence software
- High level of competency with statistical analysis and statistical programs such as SPSS or STATA
- Hold an active security clearance or MRPT
- Experience supporting Non-Governmental Organizations
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.