The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA). The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, and facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives.
Dexis is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to provide expertise to the MEL Support Activity. This position will be based in Nigeria and hiring for this position is contingent upon award.
- Work closely with the Senior MEL Specialist to plan, sequence, and implement activities established in the work plan
- Assist senior MEL specialist in the design of methodologies, detailed SOWs, and data collection tools
- Directly liaise with local implementing partners and their MEL staff in a specific sector of Mission work
- Ensure the quality of evaluations and data by conducting data quality assessments and implementing various data quality verification techniques
- Contribute to the production of reports, MEL trainings and webinars, and other deliverables for the Contracting Office
- Assist with data analysis and presentation of data findings
- Oversee subcontractors and consultants participating in data collection, delivery, and reporting
- Support the planning, budgeting, and logistics for MEL activities and capacity building trainings
- In collaboration with USAID, identify training needs for program monitoring within the mission and amongst local implementing partners
Assist with strengthening the capacity of local MEL professionals and organizations through coaching, on-the-job training, trainings, and webinars.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning experience, including data analysis and assessment, designing evaluation methodologies, and utilizing data quality verification techniques for large development projects
- Experience working in a specific sector (Health, Education, Economic Growth, etc.) preferred
- Nigerian citizen preferred, experience working in West Africa required. Right to work in Nigeria required
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.