Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to provide technical support as part of Dexis’ M&E program for the Bureau of African Affairs, Office of Security Affairs and U.S. Special Envoy for Sudan and South Sudan (AF/SA USSESSS) at the Department of State. This is a full-time position with a February 2017 start date.
The goals of the Africa Military Education Program (AMEP) are to enhance the capacity of African Noncommissioned Officers (NCO) training institutions, officer training institutions, staff colleges, and war colleges. Currently, AMEP has activities in approximately 23 countries and on average, adds approximately eight additional projects a year. Funds provide planning support for the development of African indigenous PME institutions primarily through instructor and curriculum development. A program strategy exists with an associated Monitoring and Evaluation Framework. The Evaluation Methods Specialist shall provide technical direction and guidance for all activities under AMEP.
- Monitor and evaluate AMEP projects on an ongoing basis
- Develop and submit quarterly reports and an annual report
- Coordinate and collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders
- Refine a baseline assessment utilizing relevant all-source information (academic and program attendee interviews, diplomatic cables, complementary program assessments, etc.) to identify African partners’ strategic interests and desired outcomes, current capabilities and gaps, and level of political commitment to achieve change at the professional military education institutions(s)
- Manage all performance monitoring-related tasks for AMEP, including supervision of data collection, hands-on generation of new project data, and detailed implementation project’s performance monitoring framework
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university;
- Ten (10) years of experience
- Experience directly related to:
- Designing and conducting large-scale program evaluations on security-related programs, preferably foreign or security assistance initiatives
- Designing and implementing performance evaluation methodologies, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Coordinating and collaborating with multiple stakeholders and delivering comprehensive, large-scale monitoring and evaluation systems
- Preparing and submitting M&E evaluation reports, impact reports, and other M&E documentation
- SECRET level clearance
- Experience with foreign, security assistance or professional military education initiatives;
- Experience with security assistance programs that build military and security system capacity in Africa
About the Organization
With over 15 years of experience, Dexis specializes in creating custom-tailored, adaptable, and effective international development solutions. Operating in over 70 countries, we support clients like the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of State, Department of Defense, and other multilateral agencies. We are one of the fastest growing firms in international development and our staff report some of the highest levels of job satisfaction in our industry.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.