FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (M&E Specialist), to be based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region of Morocco, supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities.
The M&E Specialist will play a lead role in the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan by developing appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed. The M&E Specialist also will train project staff and liaise with USAID/Morocco on M&E reporting requirements and program learning strategies.
The M&E Specialist will:
- Oversee the application of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles to inform program implementation and management
- Refine the design of the program M&E system, clearly identifying the users and the utility of the data/information
- Refine M&E indicators and adapt M&E tools to meet program needs, which may include pre- and post-tests, focus group interview protocols, community survey tools, and baseline, mid-term, and end-line survey instruments
- Manage and safeguard data collection, train program staff, and supervise M&E activities of staff and sub-contractors
- Liaise with the USAID Mission on the design of M&E tools and on modifications to M&E systems
- Analyze all data collected and advise program management on needed program revisions
- Contribute to written performance reports for funder and other program deliverables
- Work with grantees to ensure accurate information flow, including guidance/support on grantee data collection, measurement, and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in social science, management, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field; Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience, three (3) years in Morocco preferred
- Experience managing and executing monitoring and evaluation activities for donor-funded programs, including experience monitoring and evaluating policy reforms and/or capacity development activities
- Demonstrated abilities in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies appropriate to complex change processes and capacity development, and in knowledge management and organizational learning
- Experience coordinating with governments, ministries, and/or local NGOs, as well as local communities, for design and implementation of surveys and other data collection techniques, including those that address capacity weaknesses, preferred
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Oral and written fluency in French and Arabic
- Ability to effectively use statistical analysis software such as STATA and SPSS
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.