Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to be part of a monitoring and evaluation team supporting the Security Governance Initiative (SGI) at the Department of State, Bureau of African Affairs Office of Security Affairs (AF/SA). SGI focuses on enhancing security assistance through strengthening and improving security sector governance and institutional capacity. Currently, SGI has partnerships with Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, and Tunisia. The SGI M&E team monitors programs under the initiative in all six partnerships and provides analytic support to inform program management and decisions. The work location will be in Washington, D.C. with field travel to each of the six SGI countries. This is a full-time position with an immediate start date.
- Monitor and evaluate SGI programs on an ongoing basis.
- Write quarterly country reports, an annual evaluation, and deep dive analyses.
- Work closely with program implementers to establish processes for data collection and develop reporting templates and requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the USG interagency stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct field assessments in each of the six partnerships to identify progress, challenges, and next steps.
- Contribute substantively to refinements to the SGI M&E framework and development of new products based on changing requirements and needs.
- Collaborate with other AF/SA M&E teams, civil society organizations and partners, and program implementers on monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Support the SGI office with briefs, talking points, memos, and other products as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- At least five to eight years of relevant monitoring and evaluation or other project management experience.
- Strong USG interagency experience preferably with the Department of Defense.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with many disparate stakeholders with competing interests.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills to include technical writing and editing.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and ability to work well under pressure and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, respond to quick turn-around requests, and prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated knowledge of foreign assistance accounts and authorities, and experience working with USG interagency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Africa and related security issues.
- Significant experience working with the Department of Defense (DOD).
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.