Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded EDY - Pre-Service Education Training in Jordan (PRESTIJ) program in Jordan which will support institutional processes and reform pre-service teacher education programs to improve the quality of teaching and improve learning outcomes for all students in Jordan. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist with be based in Amman and will develop a long-term monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy for the project as well as lead a small team to ensure a cohesive effort.
Citizens/residents of Jordan are highly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a monitoring and evaluation system across all program components that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods, and draws from a variety of data sources to measure progress and evaluate impact, as well as support collaboration, learning, and adaptation;
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to IREX staff, various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners to enable informed decision-making;
- Liaise regularly with IREX’s Monitoring and Evaluation team in headquarters;
- Ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines;
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed;
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities;
- Produce M&E monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for the Chief of Party and donors, as needed and on-time; and
- Regularly review indicators and develop annual performance management plans.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of donor-funded development projects;
- Bachelors or master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, education, or related field. Master’s degree or bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred;
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Experience with monitoring, learning and data use in higher education, including as part of quality assurance processes strongly preferred;
- Experience designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems;
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance management plans and learning activities;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys;
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools;
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight;
- Experience summarizing monitoring and evaluation results in effective reports that effectively inform decision-making;
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers;
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations; and
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English and Arabic required.
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=orbd9fwI&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.