Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Youth Workforce Development, Honduras
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an anticipated Youth Workforce Development program in Honduras funded by USAID. The program anticipates to increase employment of youth at risk of irregular migration in support of Mission-wide efforts to reduce irregular migration to the United States by increasing their educational and income generating opportunities.
The M&E specialist will provide technical oversight and guidance to the project’s research design, monitoring and evaluation efforts. Working with the Home Office M&E counterpart, S/He will be responsible for ensuring that the program is able to track and report indicators in the Measurement, Evaluation and Learning plan for the program to ensure both the technical and management monitoring of program implementation and the achievement of outcome and impact level indicators. This position is based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and is projected to start in 2020.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation support on all technical-related activities.
- Lead the baseline data collection process, develop the MEL plan, and perform other related monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Activity.
- Ensure effective reporting, data collection, and monitoring systems are in place.
- Coordinate with program teams to develop and update the Performance Monitoring Plans.
- Provide technical assistance to ACDI/VOCA staff members and partner organization staff in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools.
- Develop and test instruments for data collection; collect, analyze, and summarize field visit reports from program technical staff and implementing partners.
- Track and analyze project indicators and other relevant project data, monitoring the changing needs of the target population and identifying opportunities in line with the project strategy.
- Evaluate the integration of project design with the program strategy and the impact of business and technical processes to the program.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative program impact surveys to ensure that project goals are met and that the team constantly improves program implementation quality.
- Conduct data quality reviews to ensure that all information required for submission to donor is collected in a valid, reliable, and timely manner.
- Complete impact assessment, baseline, midline, and end line surveys to assess the impact of the project on livelihoods.
- Design learning approaches that enable analysis of data, context, and emerging experience, as well as iterative adaptive management for the Activity’s technical approaches.
- Advanced degree in measurement, statistics, demography, or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, implementing and overseeing measurement, evaluation, and learning activities in the education, workforce development, or similar sectors.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in monitoring the results and indicators of reading improvement related activities.
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation with a thorough knowledge of statistics and research methodology, quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather and analyze information and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish, English preferred.
Honduran nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.