EnCompass is seeking mid and senior-level monitoring and evaluation specialists for an upcoming multi-year health-related evaluation activity in South Africa. The USAID/South Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Learning program seeks to support and enhance health outcomes for citizens living throughout South Africa. The primary focus of the program is to improve health outcomes in the areas of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis, increased resource effectiveness in targeted sectors and strengthened engagement towards African development.
- Design and conduct baseline studies, assessments, large-scale surveys, etc. in support of the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) objectives
- Develop and implement quasi-experimental evaluations and fully randomized research trials
- Identify appropriate performance indicators for tracking results and monitoring critical assumptions and/or preparing comprehensive performance monitoring plans
- Manage and perform data collection for mid-term and final evaluations and assessments
- Conduct data quality assessments and statistical analyses
- Provide technical oversight of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)activities to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Design and deliver training’s for implementing partner and USAID staff to build M&E capacity
- Strengthen knowledge management and coordination between Mission teams by identifying and communicating opportunities and challenges to implementation.
- Ensure MEL activities are in line with USAID’s Evaluation Policy
- Provide regular reporting to USAID
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in international development, monitoring, and evaluation, public health, research, statistics, or a related field
- At least five years of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) experience
- Experience working in the international public health sector, including experience in programming for HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis, preferred
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, data quality assessments, data analysis, and data presentation
- Experience in designing M&E frameworks
- Previous working experience with USAID and familiarity with USAID evaluation policy and reporting guidelines preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Significant experience in South Africa with particular knowledge of public health programs in the region desired
- Excellent English writing and communication skills required
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.