International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Trainer
Department/Location: Vienna, VA or Remote
Reports To: Director, Program Monitoring, Ebola Pillar II Activity
Type: Short Term Consultant (32 days)
Classification: Consultancy Overview:
IBTCI seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Trainer to support training workshops conducted by the Ebola Pillar II Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activity in Guinea, Liberia and, Sierra Leone. The Ebola Pillar II, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project is a three-year USAID-funded contract to address USAID-coordinated efforts in mitigating the second order impacts of the Ebola Virus outbreak in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. The project is led and managed by International Business and Technical Consultants Inc., (IBTCI), with several local and regional partners in Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia. Pillar II Ebola MEL Activity Components:
Under this contract, awarded as a task order, IBTCI will conduct Ebola Pillar II MEL activities of this pillar including:
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Macro-level Evaluations (two performance/process evaluations),
- Routine Monitoring, including capacity building,
- Data Quality Assurance (DQA) efforts, and
- Knowledge Management and Learning
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop M&E training materials, curricula and guides. These materials will include power point slides, workshop group activity work sheets and others
- Co-facilitate monitoring and evaluation training workshops with other IBTCI staff
- Participate in planning meetings with Program Monitoring Director and other IBTCI staff before training implementation.
- Participate in materials orientation and review to include review of USAID ADS 201, review of USAID monitoring and evaluation guidelines and templates, review of training power point slides and materials, and participate in mock training sessions with the Program Monitoring Director.
- Assist the Program Monitoring Director in conducting the workshop pre-and post-tests and feedback questionnaires.
- Work with other IBTCI staff to prepare workshop training reports
- At least 6 years’ experience as a monitoring and evaluation professional with USAID funded projects
- Previous experience developing monitoring and evaluation curricula or training materials
- Previous experience conducting monitoring and evaluation training workshops
- Knowledge of USAID M&E guidelines and approaches, including USAID guidelines on developing monitoring and evaluation plans, indicators, targets and baselines
- Strong group facilitation skills with the ability to conduct a highly participatory training sessions
- Experience providing M&E technical assistance to USAID implementing partners or Mission is preferred
- Good understanding of research methodologies, program evaluation and data collection approaches
- Strong organization skills and ability to pay attention to details
- Excellent computer skills in word processing
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in French an asset
- A Master’s degree in international development or related field of study
- At least 10 years of experience working on monitoring and evaluation
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
This position will not include supervisory responsibilities.Travel:
Training may include one trip to Guinea, Sierra Leone and/or Liberia. Each trip should not last more than one week. Travel costs will be paid by IBTCI.
Please apply by June 30th for priority consideration.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.