Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluating, and learning technology director for our Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) department within our Project Development and Support Division. The technology director will support the department director with tasks related to facilitating monitoring, evaluation, and learning in projects and proposals, building capacity throughout the company in the home and field offices, they will provide strategic direction for scaling and maintaining enterprise MEL technology, build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders/vendors, and coordinate efforts across departments. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Advise proposal teams, project management units, and field offices on developing and implementing MEL plans, particularly around the use of technology for MEL purposes
- Identify strategies, approaches, and interventions to promote the use of technology in MEL processes
- Manage strategic relationships with vendors
- Deliver presentations at brown-bags, webinars, and relevant external industry events
- Create, update, and deliver training curricula for home and field office staff and local organizations on key concepts and new trends in MEL, especially around technology
- Contribute to efforts to improve measurement of project results using technology
- Identify, create, and update technology tools and resources for project and proposal teams.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience, with at least five years in supporting MEL functions in international development projects.
- Master’s degree in a related field required.
- Proficiency of a frequently encountered (e.g., Spanish, French, Arabic) foreign language preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in technology related to MEL processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead new business efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; this includes public presentations and contribution to publications.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage working relationships with clients, partners, and technical experts.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad for short-term assignments 6-12 weeks per year; experience working in developing countries required.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Apply through our Career Center
at by September 6, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.