The Papua New Guinea - Australia Transport Sector Support Program (TSSP) continues the Australian Government’s long term commitment to the PNG transport infrastructure sector. The shared long term goal of TSSP is a safer, more reliable transport system in place enabling economic and social development in PNG.
The program now seeks applications for a Monitoring Evaluation and Communications Coordinator to undertake a long term fixed term contract based in Port Moresby. You will proactively support the work of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager who is responsible for developing, implementing and reporting on the TSSP Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Plan. You will also work with the Senior Knowledge and Learning Manager and feed into the TSSP Communications Plan. Working with agency-based advisers, specialists and counterparts, you will collect monitoring and evaluation information on a regular basis in a timely manner and will be required to support research teams commissioned to undertake evaluation and research activities for the program.
- Assist the M&E Manager to implement the TSSP annual Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Plan.
- Collect and synthesise data from adviser quarterly reports and Agency Support Arrangement (ASA) monthly reports about the progress and performance of the program.
- Establish good working relations and maintain regular communications with agency counterparts and gather information about benefits accruing to them from the program.
- Assist with the preparation of TSSP six-monthly and annual reports.
- Assist the M&E Manager to organise opportunities for information sharing including meetings, briefings and workshops.
- Participate in the annual review of the TSSP monitoring and evaluation framework and the program’s output indicators.
- Gather content for communications products from stakeholders, support the editing, and production of a range of TSSP communications products (e.g. media release, social media post key, video, infographics, newsletters, factsheets).
- Other duties as required by the TSSP Team Leader and M&E Manager.
Essential Skill Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in monitoring and evaluation, research or social sciences.
- Knowledge and specialist experience gained from a minimum of four years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation or research.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles, ethics, disaggregation of data, strategies and techniques.
- Well-developed analytical skills including the ability to assess problems and identify and implement solutions in a change resistant environment.
- Ability to prepare high quality reports providing analysis of issues, draw conclusions and indicate next steps for the program in an engaging manner.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate meetings, communicate and interact and build relationships with representatives from multiple organisations.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to meet deadlines, prioritise workload, and manage conflicting work demands.
- Demonstrated competence with a range of software programs including Microsoft Office programs.
Ideally you will have experience working in development partner programs and exposure working in a cross-cultural work environment with people from different backgrounds and disciplines. All candidates must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies. This position is not remunerated under the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the preferred candidate. To express your interest please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria by clicking the Apply Online button. Closing Date Friday 3rd August 2018. For any questions please contact Shiona Ferguson on firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Privately owned by our people, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services companies. Our global network of over 9000 people operates in the water, energy and resources, property and buildings, environment, and transportation markets. GHD's International Development Assistance (IDA) Team delivers project management and technical services for the world's largest development organisations to improve the lives of people in developing countries.