The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor for the upcoming USAID Improving Governance in Haiti Initiative (IGHI).
Project Goal: The purpose of the program is to support locally-driven and politically-feasible solutions to supporting more inclusive, accountable governance in Haiti.
Project Objectives. The project will support activities that help governments manage and mobilize resources and improve service delivery to citizens; promote greater engagement among civil society, private sector and government to define and address development priorities and improve communication, collaboration and coordination across and between levels of government and with Parliament on policy, budget and service delivery issues.
- Lead collaborating, learning, adapting and data collection activities for the project;
- Lead the project’s overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning efforts, including the design and oversight of a strong MEL plan;
- Review data collection tools, supervise data collection, and conduct data analysis and interpretation of findings;
- Conduct routine data quality assurance process to maintain adequate quality control in all aspects of MEL from data collection to results reporting;
- Ensure on-time, accurate, and quality reporting, including the preparation of semi-annual and annual reports and drafting of quarterly MEL reports in close collaboration with project staff;
- Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant MEL topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement;
- Participate in and support the Project implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices;
- Help the IGHI team interpret multiple data sources to inform programming adjustments.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in statistics, social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research or related field.
- Familiarity with non-linear approaches to evaluating and measuring change.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, including the management and oversight of donor-funded project reporting in developing countries.
- Strong knowledge of software computer applications, such as SPSS, SAS desired.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in data collection, statistical analysis, quantitative and qualitative research, and dissemination of results.
- Experience in designing survey and research tools and developing performance monitoring plans.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in French and English; working knowledge of Haitian Creole is preferred.
About the Organization
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, develops tools and resources that advance professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates and resources for local government. Visit www.icma.org for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter: @ICMA - Latest News and Information about Local Government @ICMAMembers - Membership Updates @ICMAEvents - Annual Conference Information @ICMAJobCenter - Jobs Postings at ICMA @ICMA_311 - Information about ICMA's 311/CRM Services @ICMACityLinks - Information from ICMA International's City Links Program @LifeWellRun – Updates on campaign news and activities Check out our affiliate Twitter pages: @SolarOutreach - News and Information about municipal solar adoption @Brownfields2013 - Updates about the 2013 National Brownfields Conference Go to http://icma.org/socialmediaguidelines to learn more about our Social Media Engagement Guidelines.