Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning - Associate
Tetra Tech IDS (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is accepting applications from qualified candidates to join our Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Unit at the Associate level.
The MEL Unit works across all of Tetra Tech IDS’s sectors, in the headquarters and field offices, with the goal of providing the highest quality MEL services to support new business, project implementation, and institutional learning. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in MEL, ideally supporting USAID projects; overseas development experience or demonstrated understanding of contract management, technical disciplines, and donor needs; experience designing plans for capturing and assessing both performance and impact data; have outstanding interpersonal communications skills; and the ability to travel widely.
This position reports to the Director of the unit, and is based in Burlington, Vermont, or possibly Arlington, Virginia.
* Support development of the MEL aspects of proposals, assist with positioning and marketing, and develop networks in the industry;
* Provide inputs to projects (from start up to closeout) as support and technical assistance to the project MEL unit;
* Contribute to providing excellent service and high quality work in technical areas;
* Drive own professional development and help build a community of practice among MEL specialists on Tetra Tech ARD projects and a culture of learning across all sectors;
* Develop new and analyze existing tools and methods that will improve Tetra Tech ARD MEL systems;
* As part of project mobilization and start-up, prepare or help local staff prepare the final Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (AMELPs), design and conduct baseline surveys, orient and train local staff on AMELP and MEL, and develop instrumentation for data collection by Tetra Tech ARD staff or partner organizations; and
* Participate and/or manage programs tailored to build staff capacity in MEL, raise awareness and appreciation for MEL and to build a culture of learning within Tetra Tech ARD.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* Master’s degree preferred or Bachelor’s degree with significant experience in monitoring, evaluation or learning, in lieu of Master’s degree;
* Minimum of five years of experience working at a professional services firm or equivalent organization focusing on monitoring, evaluation and learning;
* Preference for overseas development experience or demonstrated understanding of contract management, technical disciplines, and client needs across home office and field project teams;
* Knowledge of mobile data collection methods, cloud storage, and data visualization is preferred;
* Proficiency in development of monitoring and evaluation plans;
* Demonstrated knowledge of USAID and other Tetra Tech ARD clients, and proficient at marketing professional services to a client and/or proposal writing;
* Must be willing to travel up to 40% to all countries where Tetra Tech ARD implements projects, including conflict and post-conflict countries;
* High level proficiency in MS Office, statistical applications and databases;
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills required;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language is preferred;
* Strong analytical and data synthesis skills;
* High level of reliability and a track record for completing tasks and projects, and following up on professional commitments; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Apply on line at: https://bit.ly/2HeflHC
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of application explaining qualifications for this opportunity
* Current CV in reverse chronological format
* List of at least 3 professional references including contact information and statement of relationship
* A writing sample no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author, or authored sections highlighted
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.