DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Economic Growth Support Activity (EGSA) enables i) evidence-based decision making through ongoing analysis linking the Indo-Pacific Strategy (IPS), Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR), and Government of Indonesia (GOI) priorities and potential USAID/Indonesia assistance under USAID/Indonesia’s next Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS); (ii) increases and improves GOI technical capacity in tax collection, public expenditure, and financial accountability; and (iii) improves business enabling environment for foreign and domestic business entities.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Consultant, under the overall guidance of the DCOP while closely working with technical experts and will manage the implementation of the EGSA Activity Monitoring Evaluation Learning (AMEL) plan. The MEL Consultant will be responsible for supporting accurate and comprehensive data collection and management and reporting both qualitative and quantitative results against project indicators, success stories and to inform project implementation.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of data and reporting in adherence with specific reporting requirements and protocols of EGSA
- Support preparations for research studies, assessments, and technical assistance, including but not limited to reviewing protocols, designing and drafting training materials, and drafting data collection plans
- Ensure application of effective monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enable and enhance regular monitoring of outputs and program quality.
- Harmonize and standardize data collection, analysis, and reporting tools in line with EGSA’s AMELP
- Identify opportunities to evaluate the impact of EGSA activities, design and implement impact evaluation approaches, and assist with the reporting and communication of findings
- Provide field support and coordinate with USAID’s Third-Party Monitors during activity Evaluations as needed.
- Conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) to ensure documentation of project results is in accordance with USAID and project’s strategic objectives and indicators.
- Store all datasets and documents on Microsoft SharePoint ensuring all staff have equal access to work products
- Identify, document, and disseminate lessons learned and success stories.
- Coordinate with DevTech Systems Home Office Manager and other relevant staff and subcontractors to support the design and implementation of our M&E work
- Update indicators along with performance indicators reference sheets (PIRS) to measure performance in accordance with program interventions.
- Support EGSA reporting, including collecting and analyzing necessary data, collaborating with team leads on quarterly and other reports, and drafting selected sections of EGSA reports including the Annual Progress Report
- Draft selection sections of EGSA reports including quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor
- University degree (Masters or equivalent is preferred) in economics, development studies, or related discipline.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in donor funded project Monitoring and Evaluation system development and management.
- Working knowledge of the USAID M&E systems and approaches.
- Experience in other USAID funded projects in Indonesia preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task while meeting all internal deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write reports, blogs and presentations to communicate effectively about technical concepts
- Advance and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the MEL and CLA tools and techniques.
- Prior experience in M&E system management and implementation on donor funded projects in Indonesia or other countries with similar context.
- Working knowledge of USAID MEL systems including multi-tiered monitoring
- 40 Days
- Periodic report on status and update made on EGSA AMEL plan, including but not limited to baseline, target, data quality assurance, contextual indicators, and other performance indicators/data relevant to EGSA portfolio.
- Schedule of Payment: on the 20th each month of March – October (reflected in monthly invoice).
- 20 Days
- Completion of EGSA performance monitoring section and success stories in each quarterly report and annual reports.
- Schedule of Payment: 3 weeks before each report deadline (reflected in monthly invoice).
- 20 Days
- Develop training material and conduct training refresher for EGSA team on standardized data collection and monitoring to document project results and progress.
- Schedule of Payment: in line with the planned training and workshops (reflected in monthly invoice).
Level of Effort
The estimated duration of this activity for the consultant are up to 80 days between March – October 2021.
The Consultant will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, and collaborate with Economic Growth (EG), Public Finance Management (PFM) and Business Enabling Environment (BEE) experts. The Deputy Chief of Party has authority to accept or reject any reports or related materials deemed to comply (or not comply) with the requirements of the EGSA.
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.