The objective of the West Africa Trade and Investment Activity is to improve private sector competitiveness with a focus on increasing the agricultural productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria, and promoting West Africa’s regional and international trade. The Activity comprises of three main components: (i) design of a Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships; (ii) administration of the Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and (iii) technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives. The Trade Hub will contribute to both USAID/Nigeria’s Feed the Future objectives related to increasing the agricultural competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria as well as USAID/West Africa’s objective to increase broad-based growth and resilience.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting to the COP, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director is responsible for all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. The Director must ensure that all activities are in line with the USAID Feed the Future evaluation policy, as well as the ADS and monitoring and learning best practices.
- Delivers MEL plan meeting all requirements by USAID;
- Maintains learning agenda for the project;
- Achieves M&E deliverables.
- Provides broad support on MEL design and implementation, monitoring strategies, partner organizations, and organizational capacity assessments;
- Manages the project’s web-based M&E database;
- Guides learning agenda; and
- Reviews and updates performance monitoring plans.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least 5 years’ technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and results-based management;
- Demonstrated understanding of cost-benefit analysis; and
- Experience in Nigeria is required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.