Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
Creative is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Niger. The MEL Director will design, develop, and implement a monitoring and evaluation system within assigned area. S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. The MEL Director will carry out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Communal authorities and regional representatives of the Nigerien government understand their respective local governance role and responsibilities and engage in more effective intergovernmental communication and collaboration to address community needs.
- Municipal governments improve their ability to accountably plan, manage and execute budgets, and provide basic services.
- Citizens and local civil society actors know their rights, are better mobilized, and engage communal governance process, and exercise these rights through institutionalized and ad hoc mechanisms.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinate weekly with Monitoring & Evaluation team to determine priority tasks. Ensure the M&E team is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports;
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each grant in assigned areas;
- Share observations from monitoring visits with the COP when findings demonstrate questionable actions;
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting;
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when additional information is needed to close grants;
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to Chief of Party in a concise and professional manner;
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary;
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- University degree in international development, social science, economics, or related field is required;
- Five (5) years’ experience in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required;
- Demonstrated experience applying Collaborating, Learning & Adapting principles to complex development programs;
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required;
- Strong analytical skills are required;
- Demonstrated progressive experience in M&E of democracy and governance programs;
- Prior experience with USAID or U.S. Government funded projects is highly desirable;
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required;
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus;
- Written and spoken fluency in English and French is required; and
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in Niger is desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.