Blumont is currently seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director for the upcoming USAID 5-year program in Colombia. This program will focus on technical areas such as mental health, psychosocial support, and post-conflict rehabilitation. The goal of the program is to provide continued support to conflict victims and survivors, ex-combatants, and other citizens. Through this programming, USAID aims to improve citizen access to mental health and psychosocial support services (MHPSS).
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director will be based in Bogota, Colombia with periodic in-country trips. This individual will be reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director will assist in designing the overall monitoring and evaluation project strategy and effective M&E framework in coordination with the DCOP (Programmatic), COP, and other pertinent project staff.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Development of a participatory monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system for the psychosocial support initiative
- Provides leadership in the planning and coordination of performance and impact evaluations, operational research, baseline assessment, evaluation design and methodology, research and analysis, monitoring and evaluation capacity building, and collaborating, learning, and adapting
- Ensure that the methodologies used to measure the results include gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict sensitive measures, and that they are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements
- Oversee production and ensure quality of all assessments, data, analytical reports, and evaluations, including the testing of the development hypothesis
- Responsible to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities under this contract are in accordance with USAID regulations, technical, and reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Postgraduate degree in the field of evaluation and research methodology, international development or a related technical field, with substantive training in monitoring and evaluation
- A minimum of 7 years of professional work experience on large complex development projects, preferably with USAID or other donor funding
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Prior experience with USAID funded work in Colombia is highly preferred
- M&E training/capacity building experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English; professional proficiency in Spanish strongly desired
- Donor project experience in Colombia strongly preferred
- Colombian citizens are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.