Global Communities is seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director for an anticipated $49.7 million Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE) project. The TRACE program is a 5 year program designed to promote social cohesion, reduce communities’ risk of instability and increase resilience to violent extremism. The program will use rigorous community-based development approach, strengthen the voices of underrepresented groups (including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas) and actively engage community members as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management and evaluation of development activities.
In addition, the program will apply the USAID Development Response to Violent Extremism and Insurgency, strengthen assets of youth, using a positive youth development approach and incorporate a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach. All programming will consider the potential impact on instability and conflict drivers.
The MEL Director will ensure that the activity is adequately monitored and support the COP in developing and implementing the program’s performance and monitoring plan.
* Bachelor’s degree in political science, sociology, economics, statistics or other related areas; advanced degree preferred;
* A minimum of five years of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning experience, of which a minimum of three years of previous experience working with international cooperation agencies is required;
* Experience working on a USAID programs strongly preferred;
* Experience working on programs that utilize Community Driven Development (CDD) strongly preferred;
* Previous experience designing and/or implementing assessments, evaluations and research;
* Experience integrating Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approaches into program design and implementation;
* Fluency in written and spoken English required; Arabic and/or French skills required.
Tunisian citizens are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.