Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
CNFA is currently seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Lead
for the upcoming USAID-funded Uganda FtF Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity. The position will be based in Uganda. The MEL Lead will provide technical expertise and strategic leadership for all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, with the objective of providing project managers and stakeholders with timely data collection and analysis. CNFA considers monitoring and evaluation to be an essential management support function that facilitates evidence-based program management through rigorous identification, testing, and scaling-up of interventions that maximize impact and cost-effectiveness. Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Either a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in related subject
- 6+ years of experience in the integration of M&E into field-level programming is required, experience managing M&E from a country office is strongly preferred;
- International donor experience is required, USAID experience is required;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive M&E plan and systems is required; experience doing these activities for USAID projects is preferred;
- Outstanding ability to generate accurate qualitative information and analysis is required and must be demonstrated during the hiring process;
- Expertise in innovative data collection, management, sharing, and visualization is required;
- Familiarity with gender and youth development issues in Uganda;
- Knowledge of agriculture, market systems, resilience, livelihoods, and/or food security is preferred;
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in local languages is a plus.
About the Organization
Founded in 1985, CNFA manages a portfolio of nearly $300 million in 15 countries. CNFA applies market-system approaches that engage local stakeholders to strengthen value chains and increase incomes, competitiveness, and employment for smallholder farmers and agribusinesses. CNFA programs strengthen the organizational and technical capacity of agribusinesses, cooperatives, and associations (including women’s and youth groups) to support farmers and promote the uptake of improved technologies and techniques to enhance productivity and natural resource management. We improve business and management practices of farmers and agribusiness and increase their access to affordable financial services. We also facilitate strong business linkages between smallholders and suppliers of quality inputs, service providers, buyers, and profitable markets.