Integrated Programme for Northern Morocco: Tackling economic, social and security challenges in Northern Morocco through support for Morocco’s regionalisation programme (IPNM-TESS)
The purpose of IPNM-TESS is to support the implementation of Morocco’s regionalisation process in the northern region of Tanger-Tétouan and Al Hoceïma (TTAH), through the provision of technical assistance to its regional government bodies and civil society. It is structured around the following three key areas:
- strengthening the capacity of regional government bodies, primarily the TTAH Regional Council
- providing support to the regionalisation process, particularly on implementation and monitoring of the Plan de Developpement Regional (PDR)
- convening opportunities for more effective dialogue and collaborative working between regional stakeholders (government institutions, civil society, media, private sector and citizens).
IPNM-TESS is a two-year programme based in Tangiers and is funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
Scope of Work
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager (MEL) Manager will direct with the development of an M&E methodology and framework that enables effective monitoring of the programme against intended goals and benchmarks. S/he will also work with other Technical Experts to improve reporting mechanisms for specific aspects of the programme and direct with this reporting.
The MEL Manager will be responsible for indicator development in addition to working with other Technical Experts to provide advice on the use of indicators to drive performance improvement. The MEL Manager will also create tools to foster and facilitate information sharing with and among different stakeholders, and provide support on the development and dissemination of knowledge products.
- Amend and develop the programme’s M&E framework as needed, and create and oversee the implementation of M&E Standard Operating Procedures for field staff
- Design and manage a Management Information System, including documentation management and project archives
- Ensure Quality Assurance is conducted efficiently and act as a focal point during reviews
- Ensure timely delivery of reports, including annual review, and other deliverables, in line with agreed upon deadlines, and in collaboration with other technical managers
- Track TESS’s accomplishment of its logframe targets
- Clearly define and understand the indicators involved in the delivery of the programme and work to ensure these are clear and suitable indicators
- Review M&E information products, distil and communicate their implications for programme implementation and direction
- Engage with project beneficiaries to learn how they rate and respond to programme support
- Effectively communicate the purpose and intentions of project M&E to internal and external stakeholders
- Capture learning and associated programme adjustments to report to the donor
- Support the Team Leader in work plan and strategy development for achieving project results, and provide assistance to technical staff accordingly
- Represent the programme at meetings and to stakeholders as required
- Produce and coordinate thematic analytical papers, summaries, and research produced by the project to document best practices and lay out outreach plans.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in business, economics, international development, project management or other relevant subject
- Experience of working in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Excellent oral and written English
- Oral and written Arabic, Moroccan Arabic desirable
- Oral and written French and Spanish desirable
- Significant M&E experience working on complex programmes and implementing knowledge management strategies
- Excellent computer skills and ability to conduct statistical analysis
- Experience of UK donor-funded projects and evidence of successfully delivering measurable outcomes
- Excellent report writing skills.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.