FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Manager for an anticipated project, CSSF Lebanon: Palestinians Community Resilience Building. This program aims to provide coordinated innovative interventions in support of solutions to improve resilience and stability in the Palestinian camps of Lebanon. The MEL Manager will play a lead role in the design and implementation of a comprehensive MEL plan with appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed. S/he will train staff and partners as well as liaise with the stakeholders on M&E reporting requirements, project learning strategies, and protocols for modifying the M&E plan. Is it expected that the MEL Manager will be located in Beirut, Lebanon. The position is contingent on funding.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate implementation of M&E for the project across thematic areas.
- Supervise and provide guidance to relevant project staff.
- Lead development of quality assurance systems for the project to ensure data quality.
- Ensure appropriate data collection tools and systems are in place and are being used correctly by staff and partners to collect required and accurate data for performance, monitoring and evaluation.
- Oversee and guide development of the project’s management information system and database.
- Identify M&E technical assistance (TA) needs of partners, and/or facilities and provide/organize TA through training, mentorship, and/or on-site supervision.
- Participate in program monitoring visits/forums with other project staff as necessary.
- Ensure all relevant project staffs are aware of and adhere to funder and government monitoring, evaluation and reporting guidelines and requirements.
- Continuously review and analyze collected data and advise program management on needed program revisions.
- Contribute to progress reports for the funder and other program deliverables as required.
- Advise and promote best practices in data management and M&E among project staff and partners.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistics, evaluation science or other related field (advanced degree preferred);
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience managing monitoring and evaluation for complex development activities; experience with M&E on projects working with vulnerable populations preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communities, civil society, local government representatives and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; and
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate monitoring, learning, and evaluation processes across multiple local stakeholders and geographic conflict-affected regions.
- Experience with complex monitoring and evaluation procedures as well as with complexity-aware monitoring and evaluation models is desired.
- Experience working with donor programs and familiarity with FCO/DFID approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning is preferred
Citizens and residents of Lebanon are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to funder approval.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.