Creative seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for the anticipated five-year USAID Integrated Child and Youth Development Activity (ICYD) in Uganda. The project seeks to improve children and youth learning outcomes while ensuring that children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments. The project will address primary school retention, strengthen systems and will use local partnerships to achieve results. The MEL Manager will provide technical leadership to ICYD-related activities in the project.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager will lead development, implementation, and refinement of the MEL system and manage performance monitoring, adaptive management, and evaluations. S/he will also manage and coordinate field monitoring and expert assessments, capacity strengthening, other personnel responsible for monitoring performance, and the development and implementation of data management systems. The MEL Manager shall ensure that the methodologies proposed by the contractor to measure the impact of the program, including PEPFAR reporting expectations, are consistently and systematically monitored and reported.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Director will report to the Chief of Party and supervise a team of M&E specialists.
- Lead the development, operationalization, and harmonization of the MEL systems responsive to USAID requirements including PEPFAR reporting expectations;
- Oversee the development of program indicators and targets;
- Monitor and analyze program implementation progress, and timely data collection;
- Develop and implement a learning agenda across all the technical components of the project;
- Supervise and help build the capacity of project MEL staff to carry out activities;
- Contribute to program efforts to build the technical, systems, and operational capacity of local partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders on the development and implementation of program data management systems;
- Conduct field visits, as necessary, to develop monitoring/performance management plans with technical teams;
- Elaborate annual plans related to the MEL component as well as budgets for relevant activities;
- Ensure regular communication of MEL activities to all key stakeholders and contribute to the quarterly, annual report and project reporting;
- Manage MEL technical team and resources to ensure that information and resources are up-to-date, available to staff and widely disseminated; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. An advanced degree in education or social sciences is preferred;
- Proven skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as capacity building experience;
- Significant experience in data collection, dissemination methodologies, and the creation of indicator targets;
- Previous experience in USAID-funded programs, and a strong knowledge of USAID reporting requirements, including the USAID CLA framework is an advantage. Recent experience working on PEPFAR-funded projects desired; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork. Effective communication skills, able to make formal and informal presentations both orally and in writing and produce professional and analytical reports and program documents.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.