Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) manager for USAID’s anticipated five-year, $100-300 million Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity in Uganda. This activity aims to improve youth learning outcomes while ensuring that children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments. Specifically, this activity will address primary school retention, provide technical assistance to orphans and vulnerable children service providers, and employ high-impact local partnerships to accomplish the activity’s objectives. This position is based in Kampala. The MEL manager will be a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) professional with exceptional leadership experience and a deep understanding of the local context.
The MEL manager will provide leadership and technical guidance to ICYD staff and partners on all MEL related activities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Establish and manage a data processing environment responsive to USAID reporting and learning requirements, including U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) reporting expectations
- Lead the development, implementation, refinement, and harmonization of ICYD’s MEL system
- Develop and operationalize indicators and ensure timely data collection
- Monitor ICYD’s implementation progress
- Determine and implement a learning agenda across all the technical components of ICYD, including HIV/AIDS, orphans and vulnerable children, basic education, youth engagement, and local partner institutional capacity strengthening
- Contribute to ICYD’s program efforts to build the technical, systems, and operational capacities of local partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum seven years of MEL or M&E experience required
- Knowledge of USAID and/or PEPFAR funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required; experience working on USAID-funded health or education programs strongly preferred
- Strong data analysis skills required
- Experience and knowledge of the principles of quantitative and qualitative research, research design, and mixed-methods research
- Significant experience in data collection, dissemination methodologies, and indicator target creation
- Strong leadership and motivational ability
- Experience using M&E data analysis and tracking systems
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment and collaborate in a multi-agency setting
- Experience with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting framework preferred
- Demonstrated capacity building experience
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and oral English required
Please apply at https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/ugandaicyd_mel_manager. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.