Dexis is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) Manager for an anticipated five-year Justice and Transparency Project funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, position based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The purpose of this project is to strengthen security and justice sector institutions to more effectively and efficiently investigate, prosecute, and adjudicate crime in order to reduce impunity in Guatemala.
This position is contingent upon award.
- Oversee the design and implementation of evaluations, studies and assessments ensuring they are implemented with high standards (Tasks might include: development of technical designs, preparation of scopes of work and selection of consultants and subcontractors; provision of technical direction and overall guidance to the evaluation, study and assessment teams; participation in data collection as necessary, review of deliverables)
- Oversee and participate in the design of instruments, protocols, and data collection efforts as required
- Facilitate work sessions with USAID or Implementing Partners to support project and activity design and planning, provide applied training and mentoring to USAID staff in select M&E topics
- Lead the Data Quality Assessments of activities as well as annual review of activities
- Review draft ME&L Plans of activities, ensure alignment with Mission performance management plan and inclusion of cross-cutting priorities such as gender equity
- Master’s degree in international development, economics, social science, statistics, evaluation or a related field
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional experience in international development assistance programs, preferably with USAID, and at least ten (10) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated expertise in evaluation methods pertaining to the justice sector and rule of law programming
- Experience supervising and leading interdisciplinary evaluation teams
- Strong background in field research; experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis; experience conducting and supervising research studies
- Strong skills in designing and implementing mid-term and final evaluations
- Solid skills in research design, methods, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, synthesis, reporting and presentation, including significant experience in indicator development, data collection and quantitative analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fluency speaking, reading, and writing in English is required as well as a professional working knowledge of Spanish
- Previous experience in Guatemala or other Central American countries is desirable
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.