Land O’Lakes International Development is seeking candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager for an anticipated project in Lebanon to increase the competitiveness of key actors in the agricultural and food processing industry. The project will focus on improving capacity, systems, and practices in food safety, food quality, marketing, and access to markets.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager will develop and implement a monitoring, evaluation and learning system for the project. Specifically, the MEL Manager will create quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and processes documented in a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan, train staff and partners in MEL system implementation, coordinate all data collection efforts, ensure data quality, process and analyze the data for donor reporting, adaptive management, and learning purposes, and provide oversight support to external evaluators. The MEL Manager will also lead significant learning and outreach activities, with the support of their direct report, the Communication & Outreach Specialist. This will include planning collaboration and learning events, developing outreach materials, and ensuring program adaptation based on findings. This individual will report to the Chief of Party with technical support from the headquarters Global MEL staff.
Primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the development of the MEL system and update as necessary throughout the life of the project.
- Implement appropriate mechanisms for monitoring, evaluating and tracking of program activities and results.
- Train all project staff and key partners in their role in project monitoring and evaluation;
- Manage an on-line and tablet-based data collection platform, including training staff and ensuring timely data entry and cleaning;
- Select and manage appropriate consultants for evaluations and research, as required, including developing scopes of work, reviewing survey design, conducting quality control of the work, and reviewing final reports.
- Regularly review data collection processes, including regular field visits and data quality assessments, and adjust processes as needed;
- Organize regular collaboration, learning and adaptation events both internally and externally.
- Work with Communications & outreach specialist to develop and distribute print and online outreach materials, including success stories, case studies, pamphlets, etc.
- Provide regular updates on project progress against key metrics to the Chief of Party for inclusion in donor reports, work planning and learning event.
- Demonstrate the highest degree of integrity throughout all activities, and raise any concerns with implementation quality immediately with the Chief of Party;
- Manage the Communications & Outreach Specialist.
- Other duties as requested.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, statistics, or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of increasingly senior roles designing and implementing MEL systems for US-government funded development programs; experience with agricultural programs and USAID funding a plus
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience
- Experience in utilizing data for creative communications a plus.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and evaluation skills.
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in common statistical software, including Stata, SPSS, etc.
- Experience with electronic data capture and analysis platforms.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor tasks
- Ability to independently and proactively work as a team member with minimum day-to-day oversight
- Excellent writing, presentation, and facilitation skills in English and Arabic
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-folk, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.