Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Adviser
- Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
- Long Term Adviser (LTA) position for 2 years
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, sanitation, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. This investment in Timor-Leste will work towards Strategic Objective 2 of Australia’s Timor-Leste Aid Investment Plan: enhancing human development. Improved human development will ensure that coming generations of Timorese people are better able to lead, contribute to and benefit from their nation’s economic and social development.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Adviser is a pivotal position, reporting to the Team Leader and responsible for providing strategic and technical support to the refinement and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Learning (MEL) Framework. This framework developed in 2017, provides the preliminary tools for monitoring and evaluating work in eight sectors. The information generated will be used to guide the management of the program and to inform the Government of Timor-Leste and Australia of progress. Routine monitoring quantitative and qualitative data will be collected and analysed. In addition, PHD will undertake occasional research and prepare case studies and stories to illuminate planning. All MEL work will be consistent with advice from M&E House who is responsible for MEL for the Australian Aid program in Timor-Leste. This key role will provide:
- Strategic and technical support to the refinement and implementation of the MEL Framework, including the on-going design of MEL activities and assuring the quality of implementation
- Technical support for the analysis and interpretation of data to assess progress towards end of program outcomes
- Provide advice to the Government of Timor-Leste on MEL and research as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience working for an international development organisation, in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities relevant to human development sectors
- Strong technical skills, including ability to design MEL processes to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data relevant to multi-sectoral initiatives, with experience in the use of IT to do so
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with diverse stakeholders and partners; with exceptional writing skills and ability in providing high quality reporting for a diverse audience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, economics, evaluation research, statistics or relevant field.
Further Information and How to Apply
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/jobDetailsPreview.cfm?id=1011422
Applications can also be lodged through PHD Human Resources email firstname.lastname@example.org - Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday 5 March 2018 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.