The Mitchell Group (TMG), an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently seeking applications from qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director candidates to propose for a MEL and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) platform activity for USAID in Burkina Faso and Niger. To note, this opportunity is in the pre-proposal stage and will only be considered for the proposal stage and successful award of the contract.
This position will be regional position based in Niamey, Niger with frequent travel to Burkina Faso and other parts of the Sahel region. The MEL Director will provide management and oversight, strategic leadership, guidance, direction and support to a team of M&E and other Knowledge Management related analysts. The MEL Director will participate in MEL activities and research along with his/her team. The MEL Director will report directly to the Chief of Party and will collaborate closely with the Director of Operations and the Director of Strategic Communications. The MEL Director will be the first level of quality assurance for all knowledge products, reports and other MEL deliverables. The MEL Director will essentially direct and manage the analytical “brains” of this learning platform, supporting the gleaning of knowledge and insights pertinent to USAID’s desire to dynamically adapt its resilience programming in the Sahel based on learning. This position will need excellent English and French oral and written skills and excellent inter-personal and presentation skills.
- Skills and Qualities required:
- Passion to improve development outcomes in the Sahel
- Desire to be a part of cutting-edge work impacting the effectiveness of peace and development programming across the Sahel region of West Africa
- Ability to work positively in a diverse work environment and under difficult environmental conditions
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills - a “people person”
- Ability to conduct public presentations
- Strong experience and background in research and/or M&E
- Strong critical thinking skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize appropriately
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and simple manner
- Fluency in written and oral French and English.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in international development, food security, political science, M&E or other relevant sectors.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role related to research, CLA and/or M&E
- Experience working in West Africa/the Sahel preferred
- Experience and strong understanding of resilience work and concepts required
- Experience in conflict mitigation or countering violent extremism preferred
- High level oral and written French and English required
Please send relevant CV/resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “MEL Director / SAREL 2 / (Last Name)”. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) is a global solutions leader providing meaningful impact and sustainable solutions to development efforts affecting the lives of ordinary people. We are a veteran-owned business with over 30 years of international development program experience. TMG has performed highly successful, long-term contracts for US government clients such as USAID and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in supporting their various projects in multiple countries on 6 continents throughout the world. Many of those projects have been in Africa, where TMG has worked in 38 of its countries and currently has offices in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, and Ethiopia. Through these projects, TMG has gained broad, multi-sector experience in managing more than 100 US government contracts. We work with a large group of highly qualified experts whose specialized skills provide expertise to perform services in various technical areas, logistical management, financial management, administration, project management, MIS services, capacity building, training, and other sectors.
TMG has been a leading contractor in assisting the US National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other domestic and international agencies with their important international biomedical research efforts to find cures for such human scourges as Malaria, AIDS and Ebola. TMG has also assisted USAID in successfully performing major contracts implementing its international development programs in such functional areas as Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Training, Health Services, Countering Violent Extremism, Disaster Management, Agriculture and Food Security, and Outreach and Communications.