Job DescriptionAbout Us
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Expert in preparation for the upcoming USAID/Honduras Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activity. This is a demand driven activity to provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services. Additionally, this activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all program stages to support USAID’s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness. The activity will include three components:
- Design, implement, and disseminate evaluations, assessments, surveys, and monitoring analyses.
- Facilitation and intentional CLA use among USAID stakeholders; and
- Technical assistance to measurably increase MEL capacity among USAID staff, implementing partners, local organizations, government counterparts, private sector, and academia.
The MEL Expert will provide technical support to USAID/Honduras and its implementing partners (IP). Under the guidance of the Chief of Party (COP), the MEL Expert will work with the MEL Activity’s Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and other USAID technical staff to develop methods and systems required to meet project deliverables. S/he will be responsible for reviewing evaluation scopes of work, managing evaluations, analyzing and interpreting the results of surveys and gathering and analyses for assessments, evaluations, baselines, data quality assessments and other M&E data gathering efforts. The specialist will also provide key expertise in the design and analysis of results, and capacity-building related to the Mission’s goal of furthering collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) internally and with its partners.
- Minimum of a masters’ degree in development studies, statistics, political science, public policy, or another relevant technical subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of progressively responsible professional experience in M&E.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using MEL frameworks on USAID projects.
- Minimum of 5 years in project management, preferably with USAID.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills.
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given).
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with mid and high-level partner contacts, the host government, and the local communities.
- Ability to apply Agency regulations and procedures to daily work requirements.
- Professional fluency in Spanish and English, written and spoken.
- Expertise with USAID policy and practices for performance monitoring including Mission-level performance management plans (PMP), activity-level M&E planning, and indicator development.
- Expertise in data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Expertise in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations of development interventions, including experimental and quasi-experimental methods.
- Excellent teamwork, inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills.
- Expertise in tailoring blended learning and presentations to a variety of audiences, including USAID, implementing partners, and government stakeholders.
- Ability to ensure the timely delivery of quality reports and other deliverables related to M&E and performance management.
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.