The Pragma Corporation seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Accelerated Competitiveness for Enterprises (ACE) Project. The project will aim to increase private sector-led economic growth in West Bank-Gaza, through increased competitiveness of targeted sectors and through improvements in the business and investment enabling environment. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager is responsible for all aspects of carrying out and implementing a monitoring and evaluation (MEL) system as well as incorporating lessons learned from project implementation. S/he must develop monitoring,
evaluation and reporting systems and include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting. In addition, s/he must ensure that the MEL system is used as an adaptive management tool to improve activity performance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Three to five years of relevant monitoring and evaluation experience, including data quality assurance; qualitative and quantitative evaluations, analysis of reporting; and best practices in data dissemination and data usage, preferably in a developing world context. Three to five years-experience managing grants programs and procurement transactions in a development context.
- Three to five years of monitoring and evaluation experience helping organizations to utilize quantitative data as operational criteria in managing for results. Demonstrated knowledge and track record pertaining to procurement and grants administration under donor assistance programs.
- Experience in working and training others in data collection and reporting, including both quantitative and qualitative information. S/he must have experience in working with team members on collecting information and analyzing and identifying lessons learned with others to serve as a feedback tool to incorporate back into activity implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- Arabic is highly desirable.
If interested and qualified for the position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, West Bank-Gaza” in the subject line of your email.
About the Organization
The Pragma Corporation is an international development firm headquartered in the Washington DC area. With more than a quarter century of development experience worldwide, involving more than 600 projects, we provide expert technical and management consulting services to such donor organizations as the United States Agency for International Development, the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank. Our areas of specialization include Small and Medium Enterprise Development; Accounting Reform, Training, and Examination; Regulatory Reform and Business Environment Improvement; Agribusiness Development; Capital and Financial Market Development; WTO Accession; Customs Reform and Cross-Border Trade; and Regional Trade Promotion.