Job DescriptionPosition Summary
RTI’s Governance and Economic Development (GED) Division pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to create the foundation for and to promote democratic governance and economic development. Working alongside global partners, public institutions, the private sector, and civil society, we help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local levels of government. We believe an integrated approach using cross-sectoral strategies•incorporating service delivery and the social sectors, such as health and education•achieve the best results. Our goal is to help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local levels of government.
RTI is currently accepting applications for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for an anticipated 4-year, USAID-funded citizen security opportunity in El Salvador focused on reducing urban violence through strengthening community resilience, municipal service delivery and police engagement.
The MEL Manager will lead all monitoring, evaluation and learning program activities. In this capacity, s/he will establish systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation. S/he will coordinate and manage all monitoring, evaluation and research tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project•s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/El Salvador guidelines.
• Coordinate and manage all monitoring and evaluation tasks and deliverables for the project.
• Provide technical leadership to capture program intervention results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis.
• Harmonize M&E data collection and reporting systems with USAID policies and indicators.
• Monitor and report on activities required to communicate program results and improve implementation, which includes establishing systems to gather, report and analyze performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation; overseeing data collection processes as required within the project•s parameters; developing documentation of best practices; and facilitating the use of data to drive program design and decision making.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation; contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans.
• Review and update the project•s M&E plan on an on-going basis.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor•s degree in Social Science, Project Management, M&E, or related field with at least 7 years of international development work experience (including at least 2 years in the Latin American region) in a field related to monitoring and evaluation of local governance and municipal management sectors.
• Must have proven experience in data analytical analysis, interpretation and knowledge management implementation approaches.
• Possess proven experience in computer knowledge on database software, including: MS Excel, SPSS, and GIS.
• Must have at least 5 years supervisory work experience, including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and (3) project management under contract(s).
• Prior experience developing and implementing performance monitoring plans (PMPs).
• Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations around monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong oral/written communication skills.
• Experience with USAID-funded programs highly desired.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
• Fluency in English and Spanish required (Level IV Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale).
Position is contingent upon award and funding.
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development