SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for the anticipated USAID project Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response (STAR) for sustainable HIV prevention and treatment among key populations. The MEL Manager will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. S/he will lead the development of holistic approaches to collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) including data analysis to assess progress, identify areas for improvement and measure program outcomes and impact. S/he will ensure a robust M&E data system to enhance the collection, management and analysis of program data and to track and report progress towards achieving results. S/he will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. S/he will support all the technical staff in MEL functions and will manage any MEL related staff in the program. The MEL Manager will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
- Provide direct support and technical assistance to the project in the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system/framework. This includes the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) which includes targets and a results framework.
- Manage the development and implementation of program evaluations, assessments and research activities as well as the Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Plan. Oversee the design and implementation of assessments, special studies and operation research required by the project.
- Support the project team, key population organizations and Ministry of Health and Social Services (MOHSS) stakeholders to develop and use harmonized data capture tools and data analysis plans for reportable indicators at all levels. Ensure timeliness, quality and completeness of service data in line with the national information management systems.
- Research, compile, write, and submit information, including results and their analysis, for project reports, including quarterly and annual reports. Respond to requests for data from donors, including USAID, and other partners and stakeholders.
- Supervise MEL staff and provide technical support, training and mentoring to them.
- Ensure data quality by conducting data quality assessments on all project indicators.
- Ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with MOHSS, USAID, and other implementing partners. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, qualitative and quantitative analyses based on results to assist the project in adjusting program activities.
- Collect and disseminate best practices and lessons learned from the project to relevant parties.
- Master’s degree in social science, public health, epidemiology, bio-statistics, development studies or other relevant discipline, from an accredited institution.
- At least five years’ experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries. Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track project performance against targets.
- Proven experience managing a team of M&E staff, researchers, and/or data collectors.
- A firm command of M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality health services and referral systems.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis and data management.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program outcomes and impacts.
- Experience working on M&E and CLA for USAID/PEPFAR-funded projects is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Namibian development agenda as well as social and economic situations that effect the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English.
- Namibian citizenship or permanent residency.