Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA),
Colombo, Sri Lanka
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity aims to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes. IDEA is a four-and-a-half-year project ending on August 7, 2022.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking a long-term Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Manager. They will report to the chief of party (COP) and will be responsible for coordinating and managing the project’s monitoring, evaluation, research and learning activities. They will supervise the communication and reporting officer, work closely with the Vavuniya-based MEL officer and will provide training and support to program officers in data collection and data integrity.
· Lead development of the MEL plan (MELP) with support from MSI’s home office
· Oversee implementation of the MELP
· Build grantee capacity to develop MELPs, track indicators and coordinate all reporting
· Support grantees in the region to design project log frames, results indicators, indicator definitions, and data collection methods
· Monitor field-level grantee projects and train grantees on monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
· Meet periodically with grantees’ and subcontractors’ staff to discuss the status and quality of reporting
· Contribute in meeting donor reporting requirements by writing case stories, updating an online database, writing success stories and keeping photo documentation
· Manage other M&E staff in Colombo and/or regional offices
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
· Minimum of five years of M&E experience on donor-funded projects, experience with USAID will be an advantage
· Hands-on experience and proficiency in log frames or logic models, indicator development, development and management of data collection systems, and collecting and analyzing data
· Demonstrated experience in writing M&E reports, case studies and most significant change stories
· Experience working with and monitoring civil society projects on themes related to governance, reconciliation, gender, livelihoods, or capacity development is an advantage
· Experience in designing and conducting capacity building initiatives in M&E for grantees
· Experience managing other M&E staff an asset
· A good understanding of, and commitment to, gender and diversity considerations
· Fluency in English and one national language required; proficiency in a second national language preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.