Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager to support upcoming programming with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in West Africa.
This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Design program MEL system, including indicators, data collection and analysis methodology, and associated tools.
- Employ Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) and Action Research approaches to the MEL system for the program to ensure a dynamic, iterative approach.
- Measure and track program achievements and impacts on local actors’ ability to address and counteract violent extremism.
- Assist the program in achieving measurably more impactful efforts by local actors to diagnose, track, and respond to violent extremism.
- Monitor contextual factors, including using data-driven approaches to enhance knowledge about the scope and scale of violent extremism in West Africa.
- Lead and manage timely and quality preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual reports, inception report, ad-hoc technical reports, and success stories for USAID funding, in line with the required formats.
- Liaise with local implementing partners and lead training and other capacity building procedures to enhance their MEL abilities.
- Undertake, as security conditions allow, periodic visits to project locations to collect data and/or oversee data collection efforts.
- With support from USAID/OTI, contributing to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of a MEL system that adheres to USAID/OTI guidance and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide input and advice on procurement of external MEL services as needed.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or seven (7) years of relevant work experience without a degree. Relevant experience includes experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning; social science research; political analysis; or a related field.
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in research design, research methods, quantitative and qualitative data analysis and management, and dissemination of lessons for a range of stakeholders.
- Experience creating and managing performance monitoring plans and building knowledge management systems.
- Experience with USAID.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Basic knowledge of written and spoken French, fluency preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with interviews, surveys and focus groups.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working in West Africa.
- Experience with remote management in security-challenged environments.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.